What if Your Ex Isn’t Taking Good Care of the Kids?

A Scottsdale child custody lawyer can provide invaluable help to clients who want to make sure that they protect their children by achieving the most appropriate custody arrangement possible for their family situation. Making sure that your children are cared for is a top goal of any parent, and it becomes especially important when you separate or divorce that you ensure that you provide your child with a safe and stable home life.

Singer Pistiner, P.C. can assist you in negotiating with the child’s other parent so you can create a custody plan that works for your family and that is right for your children. If you cannot agree, we can help you go to court to convince the judge to side with you on custody so you get the time with your children that you need. The goal is to make sure that you are providing the type of upbringing that your children deserve, and a Scottsdale child custody lawyer at our firm has the necessary experience to help you achieve this goal.

In many custody cases, parents will either decide to share custody or the judge will decide that custody should be shared, since it is usually considered to be in a child’s best interests to have both parents in his or her life. However, if you are concerned that your ex is not taking good care of the kids, you may want to ask the court to create a custody arrangement where you get primary custody or you may want to ask the court to modify an existing custody arrangement so your children spend less time with your ex.

Singer Pistiner, P.C. can help you to determine if you are likely to be successful in convincing the court that your ex isn’t taking appropriate care of your children and our legal team can help you to understand the implications for custody if your ex isn’t providing high-quality care. Give us a call as soon as possible for help, especially if you believe there is a risk to your children because of the poor care that your ex is providing.

What if You Don’t Think Your Ex Can Take Care of Your Kids?

If you do not think that your ex can take care of your kids, you should first try talking with your ex. Parents are encouraged to try to create a parenting plan outside of court and share parenting time, as parenting time has become the focus instead of custody according to an Arizona State Senate Issue Brief which summarizes custody laws.

If both you and your ex agree that your children will be better off in your care, then you can agree on a parenting plan where the kids spend time primarily with you. If you already have a plan in place and you both want to modify it, this is a simple process that an experienced attorney can help you to handle.

If you and your ex disagree, however, things become complicated. The key question in these circumstances is whether your ex actually is capable of taking care of the kids but just has a different parenting style or if your ex is doing something that is endangering your kids. If you believe that your kids are in jeopardy because of substandard care or unsafe behavior on the part of your ex, then you owe it to your kids to take action. A Scottsdale child custody lawyer will help you to try to demonstrate that your ex is unfit, either during an initial custody case or when you petition for modification of an existing custody arrangement.

If you can convince the court that your ex is not a fit parent, then you may get sole custody and your ex may get limited visitation or may get no visitation at all.

Getting Help from A Scottsdale Child Custody Lawyer

A Scottsdale child custody lawyer at Singer Pistiner, P.C. can provide you with assistance in fighting for custody or in asking for a modification of custody in circumstances where you believe your child would receive better care in your home. We know how important it is for you to protect your children and we will work very hard to help you keep your kids safe and secure.

To find out more about how our legal team can help you with custody issues, download our free divorce guide. If you’re ready to take action in your custody case, give us a call at (480) 418-7011 or contact us online today for personalized help and advice with your situation.


Our Clients Say It All

  • Chris S.

    Rob is great at what he does.

  • Mike T.

    He was very confident, responsive, and very informative.

  • Justin A.

    Jason was absolutely amazing.

  • S.C.

    Thinking I could handle the complicated world of family law on my own, I really screwed things up. Jason was there to mend my mistakes and professionally deal with an opposing party who was less than cooperative.

  • Maile W.

    You won't find a better advocate for your cause. Rob is quick, knowledgeable and aggressive when he needs to be. It is without reservation and with much enthusiasm that I recommend Rob Singer to handle your case.

  • Greg

    Rob was straight forward, honest, and extremely professional in his communication to me as well as opposing counsel.

  • Teresa

    Anytime we had a question Jason is always available.

  • Maria

    He provided knowledgeable and useful information.

  • Corey

    Rob made a challenging time easy and took any pressure I was feeling away

  • Nate

    He has the ability to really listen and offer appropriate, informative and incredibly insightful advice

  • Peter

    He got me to a point where I wanted to be and has put the stop on future nonsense filings.

  • Julie

    He was so kind, professional, easy to get contact at a moments notice

  • Kathy

    Jason has compassion for the case, and he listens to my concerns instead of pushing me to agree with him.

  • Asraf

    Very confident and told me the entire game plan while I was keep getting run around by other attorneys

  • Lead Counsel Rated
  • BBB A+ Rating
  • Avvo 5 Star Reviews
  • Avvo Clients' Choice Award 2014
  • State Bar of Arizona
  • MCBA Family Law Section
  • Arizona Association of Family Law Attorneys

What Makes Singer Pistiner, PC Different?

  • 5 Star Client Rating
  • Convenient Payment Plans Available
  • Upfront Paperwork and Billing Processes
  • 36 Years of Combined Legal Experience

Contact Our Firm Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.