When an ex-spouse fails to follow through on his or her responsibilities under a court order that was a part of your divorce, it can cause a great deal of financial and emotional stress in your life. At the law firm of Singer Pistiner, P.C., in Scottsdale, Arizona, our lawyers have extensive experience with collections and enforcement proceedings in Maricopa, Pinal and Navajo counties. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Divorce orders often contain specific orders relating to division of community property. Examples include:
- Changing title on a home or a car
- Sale of a home or other asset and distribution of proceeds
- Division of bank or investment accounts
- Payment from divisions of a 401(k) or IRA account
- Payment from sale or buyout of a closely held or family business
- Payment of debts from a joint credit card
- Back child support payments
- Back alimony payments
If your spouse has not done what he or she was required to do under a divorce decree, our lawyers can seek a court judgment against him or her. If your ex does not comply with the court order, assets may be seized and sold at auction, bank accounts or wages may be garnished, and your ex can be held in contempt of court and jailed.
Scottsdale Child Support and Alimony Collection Attorneys
For more information about collections on Arizona divorce decree judgments, please feel free to call 602-264-0110 or send us an e-mail to schedule a free initial consultation. From our office on Camelback Road, we represent clients throughout the Scottsdale metropolitan area in Arizona.